Benefact logo
Commercial Vehicle

Affordable Insurance for Impounded Vehicles

  • Policies from £395
  • Get cover in 30 minutes
  • Insurance for impounded vehicles
  • Only payments made through BACS will be considered

Call Now: 0344 776 5304

Looking to Insure Your Impounded Vehicle?

If your vehicle has been impounded by the police, due to you driving without insurance or other reasons, you will need specialist insurance in order to get it released. You will be charged storage fees starting from £25 per day, so you need to act quickly to reduce incurred costs. There will also be a release fee of around £150 1.

To release a vehicle from the car pound you need to provide proof of a minimum of 30 days insurance. No matter the reason for the vehicle being impounded, most policies will be restricted and will not allow you to collect the vehicle 1.

At BCD, we have a dedicated team of experts who will aim to get you and your vehicle back on the road quickly and with an appropriate and competitively priced policy. We appreciate the need to act quickly but still provide the most competitive quote that suits your needs.
  • A short-term 30 day policy
  • Third party only cover
  • Instant documentation
  • Prices start from £395
  • Dedicated team who are experienced in impounded vehicle insurance
  • Can offer an annual policy once the 30-day policy lapses

Frequently Asked Questions need some help?

How quickly will I receive proof of insurance?

In most cases we can offer an instant quotation and, once payment has been received, we can email the documentation to you immediately. At BCD we understand the importance of acting swiftly to reduce the storage costs.

My insurer has not asked if my vehicle is impounded, will my standard cover still be OK?

No, most standard car/van insurance policies do not cover a seized vehicle that is in the compound. This is because a person who has committed an offence serious enough to have their car seized is deemed to be too high risk for most insurers. If your vehicle is impounded, report it to your insurer first to check if it is covered. If it isn’t then you should consider contacting BCD to obtain a policy to enable you to get your vehicle back.  The compound staff will simply refuse to release the car if you only have a standard policy.

What’s needed to release an Impounded Vehicle?

– Proof of insurance – it must be a specific impounded car insurance certificate
– Proof of Identity and driving license
– Proof of vehicle ownership such as registration documents
– Proof of address
– Valid MOT