Courier driving can be long hours and hard graft. As a driver you’ll need regular pit stops to relax and recharge. But how do you know which UK service stations are worth stopping at?
Whilst there are loads of online reviews from other drivers, you might not have time to sift through endless comments and star ratings. So, we did some research to find out which UK service stations are the most popular for taking a breather at.
Your Favourite Pit Stops (in no specific order)
- Route 74 – Lesmahagow M74 Junction 10 – South of Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, Scotland: it has great services such as 24-hour shower facilities for men and women and on-site security guards.
- Gloucester – M5, between junctions 11A-12: free parking for 3 hours and a high-quality farm shop.
- Tebay Services – M6 Junction 38: ideal if you’re travelling from Hesham to Dublin and according to drivers it has great home cooked food, a farm shop, and a homely vibe.
- Formula Services – Ellesmere Port M53: located around Birkenhead and Liverpool ports: rated as one of the safest stops in the UK with two secure L3 TAPA accredited yards, and 120 overnight parking bays, plus free WiFi. These services won Truck Stop of the Year 2023
- Ashford International Truckstop (AIT) – based in Kent off Junction 10 on the M20: on-site accommodation that can be included in the parking fee. Their website shows how many parking spaces are available in real time. They’ve won a multitude of awards, including Best Services and Best Security, and they’re the largest truck stop in the UK and Europe. They have a gym, shop, sports bar and lounge, and a booking app, so you can reserve your place well in advance.
- Chippenham Pit Stop – Wiltshire M4, Junction 17: includes a 75-space lorry park, 24/7 fuel and showers, plus gym, laundry, reservations app, ATM machine and currency exchange.
That’s all for now folks. Keep an eye on our social media pages for updates on the UK’s Most Popular Service Stations and if you’d like to get involved, “comment” on our social media campaign – we’d love to hear your thoughts. Follow us at BCD Facebook and LinkedIn.
We’d also like to let you know of our insurance services for couriers in all types of industry; and cover for electric vehicles and hard to insure cars and people, including Range Rovers and convicted drivers.
To talk to our team of insurance experts, call: 0344 776 5305
Or complete our Contact Form: https://www.businesschoicedirect.co.uk/contact-us/
Business Choice Direct Insurance Services is a trading name of Specialist Broking Retail Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Specialist Broking Retail Limited is registered in England and Wales No. 10301653. Registered Office: Affinity House, Bindon Road, Taunton, Somerset, TA2 6AA.