Benefact logo
TRades & Professions

Tradesman Insurance

Tradesman insurance is a catch-all title which can mean liability insurance to some, cover for tools and materials and professional indemnity insurance to others. As a tradesperson you may need all three and we’re here to help you find affordable, suitable options.

Call Now: 0344 776 5303

What tradesman insurance do you need?

  • Public Liability Insurance – protects you if a member of the public makes a claim against you as a result of an injury sustained in your work place.
  • Employers Liability Insurance is a legal requirement if you use the services of employees or labour-only subcontractors.
  • Professional indemnity insurance – mistakes can happen from time to time and they can turn out to be costly. Find cover that is specific to your trade or profession
  • Tools insurance
  • Van Insurance

Why choose Business Choice Direct?

You may know us if you’ve bought your Tools Insurance or Van Insurance from us but we have been advising tradesmen on their insurance for a number of years.

Whether you need liability cover, vehicle insurance or tools insurance, having a job that relies on you being out and about means you simply don’t have the time to spend trawling comparison websites for quotes. That’s where we come in. We’ll keep it simple by understanding your needs quickly and then doing the legwork for you.


Frequently Asked Questions need some help?

What is Tradesman Insurance?

Tradesman Insurance is insurance for people in the trade. Public Liability Insurance protects a tradesman against damage to a third party property or person. Tradesman Insurance can also include cover for Employers Liability, Tools, Plant and Contractors All Risks.

I am a sole trader, do I need Tradesman Insurance?

Although not a legal requirement we would recommend Public Liability Insurance is taken out to protect yourself and your customers against injury to a third party person, or damage to a third party property.