Benefact logo

What is courier van insurance and why do I need it?

Insurance for your vehicle is legally required for everyone. Any vehicle used on the public highway must be insured by law.

As a courier you need ‘Hire & Reward’ cover.

As couriers carry goods or materials on behalf of other people, you specifically need a level of cover called ‘Hire & Reward’. It’s not just couriers who need Hire & Reward cover; people like Taxi Drivers, Chauffeurs and Fast-Food Deliveries need this unique cover too.

If you carry goods for hire or reward, a standard van policy or commercial van policy will not cover them.